Praise to the LORD For His Love and Faithfulness
A Psalm. A Song for the Sabbath Day.
1 It is good to give thanks to the LORD, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
2 To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,
And Your faithfulness every night,
3 On an instrument of ten strings,
On the lute,
And on the harp,
With harmonious sound.
4 For You, LORD, have made me glad through Your work;
I will triumph in the works of Your hands.
5 O LORD, how great are Your works!
Your thoughts are very deep.
6 A senseless man does not know,
Nor does a fool understand this.
7 When the wicked spring up like grass,
And when all the workers of iniquity flourish,
It is that they may be destroyed forever.
- Lord, I give my thanks to You for Your mighty acts on my behalf!
- I lift up praises for Your names sake.
- You are ever merciful and kind. You are faithful to Your people for ages.
- Lord, I will sing and I will play music in Your honor.
- I am victorious in You, O LORD!
- Your works are greater than those of any man alive.
- Your thoughts are deeper than an ocean, more wise than any man.
- Fools ignore You, and simple men do not know Your greatness.
- They will run out of the gates, but will not finish the race.
- Help me never to forget Your greatness and Your mighty works.
8 But You, LORD, are on high forevermore.
9 For behold, Your enemies, O LORD,
For behold, Your enemies shall perish;
All the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
- You, Lord, are higher than any other being. You are eternal and full of power.
- Your enemies will die when they oppose You. They have no hope.
- All those who perform sin will be scattered like dust.
- Let my mind be centered on You. I will not oppose You, for it would be futile.
- You are my source and my God!
10 But my horn You have exalted like a wild ox;
I have been anointed with fresh oil.
11 My eye also has seen my desire on my enemies;
My ears hear my desire on the wicked
Who rise up against me.
12 The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Those who are planted in the house of the LORD
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing,
15 To declare that the LORD is upright;
He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.
- Lord, I need Your anointing. Give me Your power and authority.
- Anoint me with the oil of Your Spirit.
- Give me victory over my enemies.
- Let the enemy cry for mercy, but do not answer their cries.
- Let Satan be defeated on my behalf every day!
- Help me and my people to flourish. Let us grow like majestic trees.
- Let our roots grow down deep into Your soil. Let our branches grow up tall.
- Give us stability and productivity. Let us succeed in You!
- Allow us to flourish in our young age and in our later years.
- Keep us fresh and strong. Let our mouths declare Your goodness.
- Lord, You are upright and holy. You are the Rock I stand upon. You are holy and You are my God!