The Eternal Reign of the LORD
1 The LORD reigns, He is clothed with majesty;
The LORD is clothed,
He has girded Himself with strength.
Surely the world is established, so that it cannot be moved.
2 Your throne is established from of old;
You are from everlasting.
- Lord, You are the majestic King of all Creation.
- You reign in majesty, clothed in robes of righteousness.
- You are strong and mighty, with no equal.
- You have established the earth, forming its foundations and sustaining its existence.
- You sit on a throne of holiness, established for eternity.
- I trust You, O LORD, and depend on Your power to keep me in my times of despair and trouble.
3 The floods have lifted up, O LORD,
The floods have lifted up their voice;
The floods lift up their waves.
4 The LORD on high is mightier
Than the noise of many waters,
Than the mighty waves of the sea.
- Lord, keep me when the floods rise up.
- When they rage and threaten my life, remind me that You are mightier than the floods.
- The waves are not higher than You. You rule over the seas, the oceans, the rivers and streams. You are Lord over all.
- I trust in You and You are my protection against all the enemies of my soul.
- When the floods come, protect me and save me, O LORD!
5 Your testimonies are very sure;
Holiness adorns Your house,
O LORD, forever.
- You are faithful, God. When You speak, Your word is true.
- You are holy, God. Your actions are right and Your heart is pure.
- You are eternal, God, You have always been, and will always be.
- I can depend on You. Save me, establish me, keep me, throughout all of life’s storms.