16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers?
Who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
17 Unless the LORD had been my help,
My soul would soon have settled in silence.
18 If I say, “My foot slips,”
Your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up.
19 In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul.
- Lord, I know that I am blessed in You.
- I call on You today to rise up against my enemies, to stand up for my cause.
- If You had not been my help, I would have perished long ago.
- When I call on You in my trouble, even if it is just a slip of my step, You rescue me and make me solid and strong.
- Your mercy is amazing and welcome in my life.
- When I am distressed, when I am fearful and anxious, You are my comfort and my delight.
- Calm my spirit and make me whole, O LORD, for You alone have the power to do so.
20 Shall the throne of iniquity, which devises evil by law,
Have fellowship with You?
21 They gather together against the life of the righteous,
And condemn innocent blood.
22 But the LORD has been my defense,
And my God the rock of my refuge.
23 He has brought on them their own iniquity,
And shall cut them off in their own wickedness;
The LORD our God shall cut them off.
- Will the workers of iniquity find an audience with You, O LORD? I think not!
- Will my enemies find an ally with the Lord of my soul? Never!
- They gather together to take the life of the righteous children of God, but they will not succeed.
- The LORD is my defense and my strength.
- The LORD is the Rock of my safety.
- Their sins will condemn them. Their wickedness will lead to their demise.
- Lord, cut them off and show them that You are truly God.
- I will trust You at all times and praise You, O LORD, for You are my strength and my Defender!