A Call to Worship and Obedience
1 Oh come, let us sing to the LORD!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
3 For the LORD is the great God,
And the great King above all gods.
4 In His hand are the deep places of the earth;
The heights of the hills are His also.
5 The sea is His, for He made it;
And His hands formed the dry land.
- Lord, I praise You with all my being. I sing praises to You, and I will shout joyfully.
- I lift You up as the Foundation upon which I stand and am saved.
- I thank You for Your good gifts, and I will read poems and shout them unto Your great name.
- Remind me of Your works. Demonstrate again and again that You are great, and that no other is god but You, O God!
- You are greater than all and the only true Lord.
- You hold the earth in Your hand, and the deep valleys and highest hills were created by You.
- You made the sea and the dry land appear separate, and they are Your creation.
- You are great and mighty and the Creator of all!
6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.
7 For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture,
And the sheep of His hand.
Today, if you will hear His voice:
8 “Do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion,
As in the day of trial in the wilderness,
9 When your fathers tested Me;
They tried Me, though they saw My work.
10 For forty years I was grieved with that generation,
And said, ‘It is a people who go astray in their hearts,
And they do not know My ways.’
11 So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”
- Lord, Your praises are to sounded out, for You have done great things.
- However, I will worship You as well, for You simply are great.
- You are Creator and Maker of all things. You are the source and You are the sustainer of it.
- You are God, the Shepherd of Your people, leading and guiding, providing and protecting.
- Help me, help us, O LORD, to hear Your voice, to remain moldable to Your will.
- I long to follow You and please You, Lord. I do not wish to incur Your wrath or deserve Your chastening. I long to please You in my flesh. When I fail, help me. Show me the right way and I will attempt to walk in it.
- I long to enter Your rest. I long to please You. Help me to do so, and help me when I fail.