A Song of Praise to God Coming in Judgment
1 Oh, sing to the LORD a new song!
Sing to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Sing to the LORD, bless His name;
Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.
3 Declare His glory among the nations,
His wonders among all peoples.
4 For the LORD is great and greatly to be praised;
He is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
But the LORD made the heavens.
6 Honor and majesty are before Him;
Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.
- Lord, I long to give You creative praise. I want to find more and more new and innovative ways to declare Your goodness.
- I want to lead the whole world in a chorus of praise. I would that everyone sing to You a song of praise!
- I bless Your great name, and proclaim Your good news to the masses all day long every day.
- Your gospel is the hope for all nations and all people. Give me the strength and opportunity to declare You before all that I can. I long to speak Your praise!
- You are worthy of praise. more than any other being or god. Idols are false gods, unworthy of the praise of men.
- But You, Lord, created the earth and all that is in it.
- You alone deserve glory and honor. You are the King of all, the strength and beauty of the whole earth!
7 Give to the LORD, O families of the peoples,
Give to the LORD glory and strength.
8 Give to the LORD the glory due His name;
Bring an offering, and come into His courts.
9 Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness!
Tremble before Him, all the earth.
10 Say among the nations, “The LORD reigns;
The world also is firmly established,
It shall not be moved;
He shall judge the peoples righteously.”
11 Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad;
Let the sea roar, and all its fullness;
12 Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it.
Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the LORD.
13 For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth.
He shall judge the world with righteousness,
And the peoples with His truth.
- I wish everyone could and would join me in a chorus of praise for our God! All the families of the earth should echo a chorus of praise and honor to the Lord.
- Tell of His glory and strength! Bring an offering of praise! Worship His holiness! Bow before Him and tremble at His greatness!
- Declare to the whole world that the LORD reigns in power. The world is established in its orbit because God placed it there.
- The Lord judges sin and righteousness, and passes over those upon whom the blood of Christ has been applied.
- I wish that the earth could break out in praise! The heavens and the earth declare You by their beauty! The sea waves break as an expression of Your power. The fields show the golden glow of grain as an expression of the depths of Your riches and provision. The trees show Your strength as they refuse to break when the wind blows.
- I know You are coming soon, and Your righteous throne will be set up to judge the earth. You are holy, and You alone can judge our hearts and our deeds. I trust in You alone! I submit to You alone! I give myself to You alone.