NOTES FROM A SERMON PRESENTED BY DR. GREG SLOOP AT THE KANNAPOLIS CHURCH OF GOD. FOR VIDEO OF SERVICES, GO TO THE CHURCH WEBSITE, HTTP://WWW.KCOG.ORG, AND CLICK ON THE LIVESTREAM LINK TO VIEW LIVE OR FOR A REPLAY OF THE SERVICES. YOU MAY ALSO WATCH LIVE OR A REPLAY ON the DR. Greg SLOOP FACEBOOK PAGE. FOR AUDIO OF THE SERVICES, GO To THE WEBSITE, kcog.org, AND CLICK ON THE MEDIA PAGE.
May 21, 2023
February 13, 2022
- John 3:16–17 (NKJV)
- 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
Risky, Reckless Love
- Romans 5:5–8 (NKJV)
- 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
- Romans 5:5–8 (NKJV)
- 6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Romans 8:37–39 (NKJV)
- 37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Ephesians 3:14-19 (NKJV)
- 14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,
- 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
- John 15:12–13 (NKJV)
- 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.
- Jude 20–21 (NKJV)
- 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
- Titus 3:4–7 (NKJV)
- 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
- 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
- 1 John 4:7–11 (NKJV)
- 7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
- 1 John 4:7–11 (NKJV)
- 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
- People that look like you and people that don’t look like you
- Black, White, Native American, Asian, Hispanic, etc., etc.
- Tall, short, heavy, skinny, blonde, brunette, red-haired, black-haired, and everything in between.
- Pretty, handsome, or not.
- People in Your “class” and people not in your “class.”
- Rich, Poor
- Educated, Uneducated
- Influential, Unknown
- Criminals, Fine Upstanding Citizens
- People who serve God and people who do not.
- Gay and Straight, Loose and Chaste
- Prostitutes and Traffickers, Pro-Lifers and Pro-Choice
- Drug Dealers, Drug Users, Victims, Alcoholics, Tee-totallers
- People that serve the One True God and People that do not.
- Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Buddhists, Catholics, Protestants, and people of all religions.
- Atheists and those with no beliefs
- Real Christians, fake Christians, non-Christians
God Loves… EVERYONE!!!!!
- God does not approve of sin.
- His holiness requires that He punish sin.
- But He provided a better way through Jesus Christ the Son
- God’s love and mercy make it possible to be forgiven of sin and be healed and saved by the sacrifice of Jesus’ death.
“God loves you so much, that He gave you the gift of life through Jesus Christ. Lay aside your sin and your chains, because God has a better way!”