12 But You, O LORD, shall endure forever,
And the remembrance of Your name to all generations.
13 You will arise and have mercy on Zion;
For the time to favor her,
Yes, the set time, has come.
14 For Your servants take pleasure in her stones,
And show favor to her dust.
15 So the nations shall fear the name of the LORD,
And all the kings of the earth Your glory.
16 For the LORD shall build up Zion;
He shall appear in His glory.
17 He shall regard the prayer of the destitute,
And shall not despise their prayer.
- Even in my despair, I know that You are God.
- You are eternal in the heavens and in my heart.
- You have been present in all generations, and always will be.
- You have rescued me from my enemies and from myself.
- You make me see favor in the midst of my enemies.
- Your enemies fear You, and Your people rejoice in You.
- I know You will save me. I know You will keep me.
- Hear my prayer, and make me whole.
18 This will be written for the generation to come,
That a people yet to be created may praise the LORD.
19 For He looked down from the height of His sanctuary;
From heaven the LORD viewed the earth,
20 To hear the groaning of the prisoner,
To release those appointed to death,
21 To declare the name of the LORD in Zion,
And His praise in Jerusalem,
22 When the peoples are gathered together,
And the kingdoms, to serve the LORD.
- I will pass this confidence I have in You down to the generations that will follow me.
- I long for my children and my children’s children to know of Your greatness and Your grace unto humankind.
- Give me the words to say that I may convince them of Your existence, Your truth, and Your greatness.
- I know You look down on us with compassion.
- Hear our prayers. Notice our groanings. Deliver us from our oppressors.
- I will declare Your name to the kingdoms around me that the lost may be saved and the sick healed, and the captives set free.
- Blessed be Your name, O GOD!