23 He weakened my strength in the way;
He shortened my days.
24 I said, “O my God,
Do not take me away in the midst of my days;
Your years are throughout all generations.
25 Of old You laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
26 They will perish, but You will endure;
Yes, they will all grow old like a garment;
Like a cloak You will change them,
And they will be changed.
27 But You are the same,
And Your years will have no end.
28 The children of Your servants will continue,
And their descendants will be established before You.”
- In my sorrow, I will continually trust You.
- You have made me understand my frailty and my mortality.
- You have made it clear to me that I cannot succeed in my own strength.
- In my weakness, I realize that Your strength is my only hope.
- Do not let my life ended before I have a chance to fulfill Your purpose for my life.
- You are my foundation, my habitation, my strength.
- All that is came from You, and all that will be You will create.
- Everything earthly will end and disintegrate, but You will last forever.
- Seasons come and go. Plants sprout, produce fruit, and then die. You replenish, bringing new seed into the soil to sprout again in spring. You are the source of life and blessing and prosperity.
- You never change, You will never die, You are eternal in the heavens and in my heart.
- Help me to live. Help me to fulfill Your purpose. Help me to produce fruit that will bring forth seed and new life even after I am gone.
- Give me an inheritance that I may pass on to those who come after me.