6 The LORD executes righteousness
And justice for all who are oppressed.
7 He made known His ways to Moses,
His acts to the children of Israel.
8 The LORD is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
9 He will not always strive with us,
Nor will He keep His anger forever.
10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor punished us according to our iniquities.
- Lord, settle my complaints against my enemies. Stop those who oppress me, and set me free!
- You saved Moses in the wilderness, and led the children of Israel into a place of promise.
- Show me Your mercy and Your grace. Be patient with me and give me grace when I am in need.
- I know You will not always be able to call us to repentance, striving to save us, for some will not respond. However, I also know that You will not be angry with us forever, for You hear us when we call in repentance and fear.
- Do not punish us for our sins, but rather extend Your grace and forgive us when we pray.
11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father pities his children,
So the LORD pities those who fear Him.
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.
- Lord, give me Your great grace. Your grace is greater than any sin I have committed.
- I fear You, respect You, live in awe of You!
- Lord, remove the guilt of my sin and make me holy. Separate sins from me as far as can be imagined.
- Father, look upon me in pity and help me!
- You know I am weak and temporal, I am a man made from dust. Help me to overcome my weakness and, in your grace, forgive me.
15 As for man, his days are like grass;
As a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
16 For the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
And its place remembers it no more.
17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting
On those who fear Him,
And His righteousness to children’s children,
18 To such as keep His covenant,
And to those who remember His commandments to do them.
- I am brief and without certain days. I can make noise for a while, but then the moment is gone.
- The wind blows by and i dry up and die.
- Your mercy is forever, though, O LORD.
- I fear You, O LORD, and I need Your mercy every day.
- You are settled forever in the heavens, and Your righteousness lasts forever, throughout generations.
- I long to walk in covenant with You and obey Your commandments. My flesh is weak, but my heart longs to please You.
- Forgive me of my sinfulness and weakness when I fail. Show me Your way so I may follow You fully.