Praise to the Sovereign LORD For His Creation and Providence
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul!
O LORD my God, You are very great:
You are clothed with honor and majesty,
2 Who cover Yourself with light as with a garment,
Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain.
3 He lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters,
Who makes the clouds His chariot,
Who walks on the wings of the wind,
4 Who makes His angels spirits,
His ministers a flame of fire.
- I will bless You, O LORD, with all my soul!
- You are greater than any other being in all of existence.
- I honor You, Who live in a glorious light, Who walks before the heavens as a curtain.
- You have created all things and You are the Sustainer of the earth.
- You ride on the clouds and walk on the wind.
- You send Your angels as divine spiritual messengers and put the fire of Your Spirit within Your ministers.
- You are great and mighty beyond compare!
5 You who laid the foundations of the earth,
So that it should not be moved forever,
6 You covered it with the deep as with a garment;
The waters stood above the mountains.
7 At Your rebuke they fled;
At the voice of Your thunder they hastened away.
8 They went up over the mountains;
They went down into the valleys,
To the place which You founded for them.
9 You have set a boundary that they may not pass over,
That they may not return to cover the earth.
- You are the foundation upon which the earth is built. It is firmly set within its orbit.
- The ocean is a covering for the deep caverns of the earth.
- The clouds contain the rain to supply life to the earth and its vegetation.
- Your breath caused the wind to drive away storms or to bring them in.
- The rain goes to the mountains or into the valleys at Your behest.
- All the earth is Your creation and is at Your disposal for the good of the earth and for the will of the Mighty God of the Earth.
- Every cloud or drop of water cannot move where You do not allow. They cannot even fall from the heavens unless You will it.
- I honor You as the God of the Earth and the God of my soul.