10 He sends the springs into the valleys;
They flow among the hills.
11 They give drink to every beast of the field;
The wild donkeys quench their thirst.
12 By them the birds of the heavens have their home;
They sing among the branches.
13 He waters the hills from His upper chambers;
The earth is satisfied with the fruit of Your works.
- Lord, You supply the water to feed the valleys and flow between the hills.
- They supply water for the animals to quench their thirst.
- The trees grow from their moisture, and the birds build their nests within their branches.
- You provide life-giving water to all creatures, and the earth is nourished by Your precious provision. You give me all I need and I praise You!
14 He causes the grass to grow for the cattle,
And vegetation for the service of man,
That he may bring forth food from the earth,
15 And wine that makes glad the heart of man,
Oil to make his face shine,
And bread which strengthens man’s heart.
16 The trees of the LORD are full of sap,
The cedars of Lebanon which He planted,
17 Where the birds make their nests;
The stork has her home in the fir trees.
18 The high hills are for the wild goats;
The cliffs are a refuge for the rock badgers.
- The cattle eat from Your table, as does man from Your garden.
- Grapes and olives grow from the rich earth that man may feast from their bounty.
- Lord, thank You for the sap in the trees and the fruit on the vine. Thanks for food and shelter and all Your wonderful provision.
- You make places for all Your creatures to find shelter from storms and shade from the sun.
- I thank You that You think of me and give me all that I need and more.