19 He appointed the moon for seasons;
The sun knows its going down.
20 You make darkness, and it is night,
In which all the beasts of the forest creep about.
21 The young lions roar after their prey,
And seek their food from God.
22 When the sun rises, they gather together
And lie down in their dens.
23 Man goes out to his work
And to his labor until the evening.
- Lord, You control the placement and timing of all the celestial beings. The moon and the sun move and shine at Your beck and call.
- You designed darkness for the night and light for the day. The nocturnal animals roam about in the darkness, while the daylight animals seek their prey in the daylight.
- Man’s schedule is determined by the sunrise and sunset as well. You set the parameters for all living beings’ activities.
- I know I am at Your disposal, and that You are the Lord. While You have made us above all other animals, we are still lower than You, O LORD.
- Thank You for Your provision. Thanks for all the boundaries that protect and guide us.
- Please show me You ways and give me the strength to walk in them. You are my LORD!
24 O LORD, how manifold are Your works!
In wisdom You have made them all.
The earth is full of Your possessions—
25 This great and wide sea,
In which are innumerable teeming things,
Living things both small and great.
26 There the ships sail about;
There is that Leviathan
Which You have made to play there.
- Lord, You do such marvelous things!
- You have designed a world ecosystem more complex and gloriously amazing than any other system on earth.
- You are the Master and Owner of the whole earth. We are simply your guests.
- You own the seas and all the fish and marine life in them.
- Small shrimp and plankton up to the largest whales, they all belong to You and were created by You.
- The great ships that sail on the seas and all their crew members are Yours.
- Leviathan, the great creature of the earth, was made by You to play in the sea.
- As You have made all things and are the Master of all things, I am Yours. I choose to recognize Your Lordship and Your rule over the earth. I am Yours, and I willingly submit to You and Your will for all of my days.