27 These all wait for You,
That You may give them their food in due season.
28 What You give them they gather in;
You open Your hand, they are filled with good.
29 You hide Your face, they are troubled;
You take away their breath, they die and return to their dust.
30 You send forth Your Spirit, they are created;
And You renew the face of the earth.
- All the earth is dependent upon You, O LORD!
- Give us our food and our sustenance. We cannot live without You.
- We gladly gather what You provide. Thank You for Your wonderful provision.
- Please do not hide from us. Your silence frightens us all.
- If you desire, we will cease to exist, we will die in our steps.
- However, to those who receive Your breath and Your Spirit, we will live.
- You are the determiner of destiny and the extender of life.
31 May the glory of the LORD endure forever;
May the LORD rejoice in His works.
32 He looks on the earth, and it trembles;
He touches the hills, and they smoke.
33 I will sing to the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
34 May my meditation be sweet to Him;
I will be glad in the LORD.
35 May sinners be consumed from the earth,
And the wicked be no more.
Bless the LORD, O my soul!
Praise the LORD!
- May You always exist to lead us, provide for us, and sustain us.
- May Your works praise You.
- You are great and awesome. Your very presence makes men and women tremble.
- You have the power to send the world up in smoke.
- I will praise You for the length of my life.
- As long as I am alive, I will sing of Your glory.
- I pray that my words and thoughts will be acceptable to You.
- I rejoice in You. You make me glad!
- I pray that the sinful, wicked people that come against me will be stopped.
- I bless You, O LORD! I praise You and lift up Your name.
- You are great and mighty. You are powerful and holy. I praise You mighty God.