The Eternal Faithfulness of the LORD
1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
2 Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
Talk of all His wondrous works!
3 Glory in His holy name;
Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the LORD!
4 Seek the LORD and His strength;
Seek His face evermore!
5 Remember His marvelous works which He has done,
His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth,
6 O seed of Abraham His servant,
You children of Jacob, His chosen ones!
- Lord, I thank You for all that You have done for me.
- Your deeds are astounding and great.
- I will sing to You and glorify Your name. I will rejoice over Your great deeds on my behalf.
- I will look for You and find Your face shining on me in strength.
- Lord, I will seek You forever and throughout eternity.
- I will remember Your lovingkindness and Your works on my behalf.
- You are wonderful and true, faithful and just.
- Let all Your people rejoice in You!
7 He is the LORD our God;
His judgments are in all the earth.
8 He remembers His covenant forever,
The word which He commanded, for a thousand generations,
9 The covenant which He made with Abraham,
And His oath to Isaac,
10 And confirmed it to Jacob for a statute,
To Israel as an everlasting covenant,
11 Saying, “To you I will give the land of Canaan
As the allotment of your inheritance,”
12 When they were few in number,
Indeed very few, and strangers in it.
- Lord, You are God and Judge of all the earth. I recognize You as the Supreme Being and Ruler of the universe.
- You are eternal, and You remember Your commitments and promises to Your people.
- You upheld all Your promises to Israel, and You uphold Your promises to us today.
- You are a faithful God and Lord, Who sees our hope for the future, even when we cannot, even when it seems impossible.
13 When they went from one nation to another,
From one kingdom to another people,
14 He permitted no one to do them wrong;
Yes, He rebuked kings for their sakes,
15 Saying, “Do not touch My anointed ones,
And do My prophets no harm.”
- When we wander on our pilgrim journey, help us to see Your hand leading, guiding, and protecting us at every turn.
- Watch over us and keep us from harm. You are our Shield and our Strength!