16 Moreover He called for a famine in the land;
He destroyed all the provision of bread.
17 He sent a man before them—
Joseph—who was sold as a slave.
18 They hurt his feet with fetters,
He was laid in irons.
- Lord, Your faithfulness to Israel is an example of Your lovingkindness, grace, and protection, even for us today.
- When famine comes, put people and circumstances in place to provide for us. We need You!
- Raise up a man or woman to go before and make a way.
- Carry them through the hard times of trouble and give them the strength and resolve to make it through to the appointed goal.
19 Until the time that his word came to pass,
The word of the Lord tested him.
20 The king sent and released him,
The ruler of the people let him go free.
21 He made him lord of his house,
And ruler of all his possessions,
22 To bind his princes at his pleasure,
And teach his elders wisdom.
- Lord, carry us through until it is time for us to perform that for which You have called us.
- Give us favor with city, state, and national leaders.
- Give us the opportunity to have influence that will bless the Kingdom of God.
- Give us spiritual authority over regions, that we may win souls and build the Kingdom.
- Bring leaders to us for advice and teaching on the ways of God.
23 Israel also came into Egypt,
And Jacob dwelt in the land of Ham.
24 He increased His people greatly,
And made them stronger than their enemies.
25 He turned their heart to hate His people,
To deal craftily with His servants.
- Lord, help me to bring as many with me as possible as I walk in the plan and purpose You have for my life.
- Help me to increase my territory and bring up sons and daughters in the faith.
- Give me more souls than the devil can keep. Help me to overcome the tricks and conniving of the enemy.
- Make me victorious, O LORD!