1 Do not keep silent,
O God of my praise!
2 For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful
Have opened against me;
They have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
3 They have also surrounded me with words of hatred,
And fought against me without a cause.
4 In return for my love they are my accusers,
But I give myself to prayer.
5 Thus they have rewarded me evil for good,
And hatred for my love.
- Speak to me and my situation, O God!
- I cannot discern You unless You reveal Yourself to me.
- All my enemies are coming against me, and I cannot know how to overcome them unless You show me the way.
- They lie about me, hating me and and fighting against me.
- They have no reason to fight against me, but yet they fight.
- I have loved them, but yet they still accuse me.
- I will pray unto You for my deliverance and safety.
- I will believe even though they give me evil for good and hate me in spite of my love.
- I will trust in You!
6 Set a wicked man over him,
And let an accuser stand at his right hand.
7 When he is judged, let him be found guilty,
And let his prayer become sin.
8 Let his days be few,
And let another take his office.
9 Let his children be fatherless,
And his wife a widow.
10 Let his children continually be vagabonds, and beg;
Let them seek their bread also from their desolate places.
11 Let the creditor seize all that he has,
And let strangers plunder his labor.
12 Let there be none to extend mercy to him,
Nor let there be any to favor his fatherless children.
13 Let his posterity be cut off,
And in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
- Lord, take those who lie about me into a place of judgment.
- Let them stand accused and found guilty.
- Do not listen to them until they repent and follow You.
- I pray that those who pretend to serve You will be deposed and replaced.
- Let him not spread His sinful ways nor replicate himself in others.
- Do not give them mercy, but judge them harshly.
- Let the memory of them be eradicated.