113 I hate the double-minded,
But I love Your law.
114 You are my hiding place and my shield;
I hope in Your word.
115 Depart from me, you evildoers,
For I will keep the commandments of my God!
116 Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live;
And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.
117 Hold me up, and I shall be safe,
And I shall observe Your statutes continually.
118 You reject all those who stray from Your statutes,
For their deceit is falsehood.
119 You put away all the wicked of the earth like dross;
Therefore I love Your testimonies.
120 My flesh trembles for fear of You,
And I am afraid of Your judgments.
- Lord, help me not to be distracted by those who are uncertain of their commitment to You.
- I cannot tolerate divided loyalties and uncertain commitments. I love Your law, and I need people around me that love Your law.
- Your word and Your presence are a place where I can hide from trouble and be shielded from the darts and arrows of Satan. Keep me safe, protect me, O my LORD and Savior!
- God, give me the courage to avoid evildoers as I cling to Your word and obey Your voice.
- Uphold me in the midst of the onslaught of evil, and allow me to hope in You without doubt. Your promises are true. I will live as I believe in them.
- If You hold my hand and stand before me, I will be safe. Walk with me Lord, and help me to keep Your statutes at all times.
- Do not reject me, Lord, even when I stumble. Show me the error of my ways and I will repent. I cannot live without You, O LORD. Do not cast me aside or burn me up, but make me clean.
- Help me to always love Your word. I fear the wrath that would come if I fail You. I love the blessings that come from Your word. I love You, and I do not want to find myself in the path of Your judgment. You are God!