Prayer for Relief from Contempt
A Song of Ascents.
1 Unto You I lift up my eyes,
O You who dwell in the heavens.
2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters,
As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,
So our eyes look to the LORD our
Until He has mercy on us.
3 Have mercy on us, O LORD, have mercy on us!
For we are exceedingly filled with contempt.
4 Our soul is exceedingly filled
With the scorn of those who are at ease,
With the contempt of the proud.
- Lord, I look unto You. I lift up my gaze to the heavens where You dwell.
- I am Your servant, and as Your servant, I seek Your hand of provision and mercy.
- Have mercy on me , O LORD, for I am in need of You.
- I have been attacked by my enemies, and I am greatly worn.
- The proud and the lazy have mocked me, and seemingly live at rest, while I am struggling and working so hard I am tired.
- I am weary with the scorn of those who hate me.
- Deliver me from them, or at least from the effects of their contempt of my work.
- Remind me that I labor for Your approval only, and that the scorn of men is nothing.
- I long to please You, O LORD, and that will be my only goal. Praise be to the Lord!