The Joy of Going to the House of the LORD
A Song of Ascents. Of David.
1 I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the LORD.”
2 Our feet have been standing
Within your gates, O Jerusalem!
3 Jerusalem is built
As a city that is compact together,
4 Where the tribes go up,
The tribes of the LORD,
To the Testimony of Israel,
To give thanks to the name of the LORD.
5 For thrones are set there for judgment,
The thrones of the house of David.
- Lord, I love Your house. I love congregating with other believers and worshipping You.
- Your house is a haven of safety, grace, and blessing. In it, I long to sing and pray and hear Your word.
- I will be found standing in Your house whenever worship is happening!
- Although You are everywhere at all times, I love going to the house of God where Your presence meets with the corporate body.
- I love to sit in the seats dedicated to You, and hear the voices of the people of God lifted up to You.
- There is joy in Your house, and Your word reigns supreme. Your judgments are spoken forth, and we are instructed by them.
- I love Your house!
6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
“May they prosper who love you.
7 Peace be within your walls,
Prosperity within your palaces.”
8 For the sake of my brethren and companions,
I will now say, “Peace be within you.”
9 Because of the house of the LORD our God
I will seek your good.
- I pray for Jerusalem, Lord. May Your peace be upon that holy city.
- Lord, also bless believers everywhere that love You and keep Your commandments.
- May peace reign in our hearts, and prosperity reign in our lives.
- I bless all those around me, brothers and sisters, other family, friends, and even those with whom I have a quarrel.
- Your house draws me higher, and leads me to a life of holiness.
- I will bless others, because You have surely blessed me.