The LORD The Strength of His People
A Song of Ascents.
1 Those who trust in the LORD
Are like Mount Zion,
Which cannot be moved, but abides forever.
2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
So the LORD surrounds His people
From this time forth and forever.
- Lord, I trust in You!
- You are my Rock, my High Peak where I can hide.
- You are immovable and steadfast. Keep me, Lord, in Your fortress of safety.
- Build a wall of protection around me and protect me from now on and forever.
- I am weak, but Your strength will protect me from harm.
3 For the scepter of wickedness shall not rest
On the land allotted to the righteous,
Lest the righteous reach out their hands to iniquity.
- There is great evil in the world, and my enemies constantly seek to trick me or even destroy me.
- Help me and give me strength, so that I do not fall prey to their traps and temptations.
- You are my inheritance and my future. Make both of them great and for my good.
- I need what You have to give me. I long for Your blessings.
4 Do good, O LORD, to those who are good,
And to those who are upright in their hearts.
5 As for such as turn aside to their crooked ways,
The LORD shall lead them away
With the workers of iniquity.
Peace be upon Israel!
- Lord, bless all of Your people who are faithful and contrite.
- Do good to us and make us holy. You are our God and the object of our desire.
- Let the evil be turned to their own wicked paths. Let them earn the punishment they pursue.
- Let them be numbered with the guilty, judged by God.
- Let peace fall on those who seek Your face.
- Let Your people live at rest in You. There is no one like You, O LORD!