Simple Trust in the LORD
A Song of Ascents. Of David.
1 LORD, my heart is not haughty,
Nor my eyes lofty.
Neither do I concern myself with great matters,
Nor with things too profound for me.
2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me.
3 O Israel, hope in the LORD
From this time forth and forever.
- Lord, I bow before You as a humble servant.
- I will not exhibit pride, nor will I even lift my eyes to attempt to look at You.
- You are greater than me on all fronts. I am not even worthy to approach You in Your holiness.
- I do not even begin to suggest that I can dialogue with You, the mighty God of the universe, the Creator of the world.
- Your thoughts and ways are beyond me.
- I simply sit before You, calm and quiet, knowing that Your presence is full of peace, and I am blessed just to exist in Your company.
- I do not need Your petting or Your soothing words. Your presence is enough.
- I hope in You, O LORD, and I will for the rest of my days.
- May I forever dwell in Your presence, my great Savior and Lord.