7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.
- Lord, you are an omnipresent force from which I cannot escape.
- Your eyes see me at all times. Your ear hears my voice. You feel my pain and my joy.
- There is no place I can go where You do not exist. I thank You for Your very wonderful presence.
- If I were able to fly to the highest reaches of the sky, You would be there.
- If I could descend into hell and scatter the demon forces, You would find me there.
- You can lead me through the sea and the sky. You are always with me and I thank You.
- Hold me, Lord, in Your powerful hands.
- Light up my nights and help me to see.
- Let me know that whatever the conditions on earth, whether light or dark, stormy or clear, You are there with me and You show me the way.
- I need Your everpresent face to watch over my life. Thank You for being near me at all times, even to the end of my life or the end of the earth.