13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
- O LORD, not only do you go with me everywhere, but You are eternal and have known me before my birth. You actually created me and gave my form a grand design.
- You protected me inside my mother’s womb.
- I am a complex and amazing organism by the design of Your divine mind.
- You are the great Creator and Architect of humanity. No other organism on earth is as intelligent and complex as the human race.
- You knew my end before my beginning.
- You saw me as an old man before I even was able to walk.
- Every day of my life is an open book to You, O my God.
- Direct my steps and help me to fulfill Your purpose for my life.
- I am nothing without You!
17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.
- Not only are You omnipresent and eternal, You are also Omniscient, knowing all things and having perfect understanding of the past, present, and future.
- The sum of Your thoughts is greater than the collective knowledge of all men and women who have ever lived.
- Your thoughts and actions are beyond my ability to even comprehend. You are immense and without limit!
- I stand still in Your greatness, because You strike awe in my heart. There is nothing to compare to Your greatness, O LORD!
- Thank You for noticing me. Thank You for touching me and directing my life. Thank You for loving and insignificant soul like mine.
- You have made be valuable by acknowledging my existence. You are great and I am a speck of life that You made possible and that You made worthy. Thank You, my God!