19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.
20 For they speak against You wickedly;
Your enemies take Your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.
- Lord, You are mightier than kings and princes, queens and princesses.
- You are omnipotent, with more power and strength than any enemy I may face.
- Bloodthirsty men will cower at Your presence.
- Their weapons will not faze You.
- You can speak and armies would die.
- Those who take You name in vain will not proceed any further.
- When You call the world into judgment, they will bow before You.
- I hate the vile actions of the wicked. They make me cringe and cry out against them.
- Lord, have Your way with those who will not repent.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.
- Lord, in Your divine knowledge, search my heart and know me.
- When You try me, I will not be always strong.
- My anxieties cause me sorrow and pain.
- My wickedness makes me unqualified to serve in Your kingdom.
- But cleanse me, O LORD. Make me holy. Take away my iniquity and sanctify me.
- Lead me where You would have me to go. I will follow You.
- May that path lead me to everlasting life in eternity with You.