6 I said to the LORD: “You are my God;
Hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD.
7 O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation,
You have covered my head in the day of battle.
8 Do not grant, O LORD, the desires of the wicked;
Do not further his wicked scheme,
Lest they be exalted.
- Lord, I declare before You and before the world that You are God. You are the Lord of my life, and the Lord of the whole earth.
- I cry unto You with my needs, O LORD.
- Give me strength when I am weak.
- Protect my mind and heart when I am attacked.
- Let no wickedness come upon me that is devised by man or devil.
- Do not allow them to exalt themselves above me.
- I stop and meditate on Your powerful protection of me in times past. You past care definitely confirms Your present and future faithfulness.
9 “As for the head of those who surround me,
Let the evil of their lips cover them;
10 Let burning coals fall upon them;
Let them be cast into the fire,
Into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
11 Let not a slanderer be established in the earth;
Let evil hunt the violent man to overthrow him.”
- Lord, when my enemies come to surround me and destroy me, let the evil be turned back upon them.
- Let their words fall back on them like hot coals of fire.
- Burn them up, O LORD.
- Lay them down in death, never to rise again.
- Destroy these evil spirits that entice men to harm me.
- Let slandering lips be silenced, and let the violent man be hunted down like an animal, overthrown by his evil thoughts and intents.
12 I know that the LORD will maintain
The cause of the afflicted,
And justice for the poor.
13 Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name;
The upright shall dwell in Your presence.
- Lord, I know that You are faithful.
- I can always count on You to take up my cause, and the cause of all those who would be afflicted by the devil and his demons.
- Bring justice and give peace, and I will praise You at all times and forever.
- I long to dwell in You presence and be safe and whole.