5 Bow down Your heavens, O LORD, and come down;
Touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
6 Flash forth lightning and scatter them;
Shoot out Your arrows and destroy them.
7 Stretch out Your hand from above;
Rescue me and deliver me out of great waters,
From the hand of foreigners,
8 Whose mouth speaks lying words,
And whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
- Lord, in the midst of my trouble, come near me.
- Scorch the earth if necessary to save me.
- Send bolts of lightning to disperse my enemies.
- Hunt them down and destroy the seekers of my soul.
- Lord, Your arm is long and You can reach me.
- You have saved me in times past, and that makes me secure in knowing that You can do it again!
- Save me from the flood that threatens to overflow my life.
- Stop the hands of the strangers that seek my life.
- Shut the lying mouths of those who would slander and threaten me.
- Give me peace in the midst of my trouble.
- Take me from the swirling maelstrom that is my surroundings, and set me in a quiet place of peace and safety.
- You are my source and my strength. You are my Rock. You are my God.