1 Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle—
2 My lovingkindness and my fortress,
My high tower and my deliverer,
My shield and the One in whom I take refuge,
Who subdues my people under me.
- I bless You, O LORD.
- You are the stable force in my life. You are a fortress in the wilderness.
- You train me in how to fight the enemy, even Satan Himself.
- You are the mercy that saves me from my sin. You are my hiding place from the enemy.
- You shield me from the arrows of my enemy, and You are my refuge in the midst of the storm.
- You make the people around me follow my leadership and obey my commands.
3 LORD, what is man, that You take knowledge of him?
Or the son of man, that You are mindful of him?
4 Man is like a breath;
His days are like a passing shadow.
- My Lord and My God, why do You even notice me?
- Why do you think of me in the depths of Your mind?
- I am nothing, just a wisp of air, a shadow passing as the clouds go by.
- When I breathe in the cold air, my breath forms a mist, and then disappears in a moment. Thank You that You notice me, even though I have a brief existence and pass away like the wind.