Praise to God for His Salvation and Judgment
1 Praise the LORD!
Sing to the LORD a new song,
And His praise in the assembly of saints.
- Lord, give me new words to describe Your greatness.
- Give me new songs that I can sing to Your glory.
- Give me an audience to which I can sing Your praises.
- I long to give You the greatest worship, fitting of Your majesty.
- Inspire me with words and melodies that will make You even more glorious to those around me.
2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
Let the children of Zion be joyful in their King.
3 Let them praise His name with the dance;
Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp.
4 For the LORD takes pleasure in His people;
He will beautify the humble with salvation.
- Help all of Christendom declare Your glory.
- Give us joy that will be expressed to all people.
- Make us passionate like the tribes of Israel when the temple was dedicated.
- Give us joyful expressions that will echo throughout the land.
- Lord, make Christians everywhere long to pour into the streets with dancing, singing, and making music to the Lord.
- Take great pleasure in our praise.
- Enjoy fellowship with humanity.
- Make us better people than we can be alone. Give us a heightened sense of Your presence, and put us in a state of awe in Your sight. Help us to be astonished at Your glory!
5 Let the saints be joyful in glory;
Let them sing aloud on their beds.
6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
And a two-edged sword in their hand,
7 To execute vengeance on the nations,
And punishments on the peoples;
8 To bind their kings with chains,
And their nobles with fetters of iron;
9 To execute on them the written judgment—
This honor have all His saints.
Praise the LORD!
- Lord, I want to be caught up in a euphoria in Your presence.
- I want to sing of You as I go to sleep and when I wake up.
- Help me to be cognizant of Your glory every day and all day.
- May Your praise be on my lips when I go to war against the forces of evil.
- Help me to judge the devil and his fallen angels, binding them up through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Give me the honor of being called into battle against the enemy of my soul.
- Let me serve well and advance in the kingdom for Your glory.
- I will praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!