1 LORD, remember David
And all his afflictions;
2 How he swore to the LORD,
And vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob:
3 “Surely I will not go into the chamber of my house,
Or go up to the comfort of my bed;
4 I will not give sleep to my eyes
Or slumber to my eyelids,
5 Until I find a place for the LORD,
A dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob.”
- Lord, think about Your servants, Your leaders, when we suffer affliction.
- When our enemies come against us, remember our loyalty and dedication to You.
- We long to build Your kingdom and make a place for You to dwell, an inhabitation of souls.
- You are the house in which we long to live.
- You are the place, the tabernacle, in which we long to worship.
- We will seek You with all of our strength and pray during the night watches to come before Your presence.
6 Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah;
We found it in the fields of the woods.
7 Let us go into His tabernacle;
Let us worship at His footstool.
8 Arise, O LORD, to Your resting place,
You and the ark of Your strength.
9 Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness,
And let Your saints shout for joy.
- We found a place to worship You, and we did worship at Your feet.
- However, we know that You are everywhere at all times, so help us to take time to worship You at all times and in all places, wherever the people of God are gathered.
- I will worship You alone if necessary, for You are worthy of worship at all times.
- Lord, show up when we praise and worship You.
- Let us dwell in the cloud of Your glory.
- Give us all that we can handle, and we will shout for joy in Your presence.
- We long for You. Touch us as leaders, touch our people, and help us to touch the world with the gospel and advance Your kingdom in the earth.