The Happiness of Those Whose Help is the LORD
1 Praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD, O my soul!
2 While I live I will praise the LORD;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
- Lord, I will praise You with all that is within me!
- My soul and spirit, body and mind will extol Your greatness.
- Every moment that I live, I long to praise You, O LORD!
- I will declare Your glory in song as long as I have breath and live in this body.
- Praise You, my God!
3 Do not put your trust in princes,
Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help.
4 His spirit departs, he returns to his earth;
In that very day his plans perish.
- No man can save me.
- No descendent of a man is even able to defend me against my enemies.
- When a man dies, another may rise up, but he will die as well, and neither of them can protect my soul.
- Every plan and purpose of man is futile unless You lead it and carry it out.
- You are the only source for my success and blessing, You alone.
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help,
Whose hope is in the LORD his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth,
The sea, and all that is in them;
Who keeps truth forever,
7 Who executes justice for the oppressed,
Who gives food to the hungry.
The LORD gives freedom to the prisoners.
- No human being, man or woman, boy or girl, can give me cause for happiness outside of Your purpose and plan.
- I am happy in You alone, my Lord.
- I hope in You, I dream in You, I see Your creative power in my life and I am in awe.
- You made all the earth around me, the seas, the mountains, the rivers and brooks. You have made it all.
- You are the lone guardian of truth, the source of justice for the oppressed, the feeder of the hungry, the deliverer of those who are bound.
- There is no champion that can compare to You!
8 The LORD opens the eyes of the blind;
The LORD raises those who are bowed down;
The LORD loves the righteous.
9 The LORD watches over the strangers;
He relieves the fatherless and widow;
But the way of the wicked He turns upside down.
- You heal the weak, sick, injured, and handicapped.
- You lift the eyes and the spirits of them that are downtrodden and weak.
- You show Your love to those who love Your righteousness.
- You stand guard over them that are strangers in a foreign land.
- You care for the orphan and the widow.
- Keep us all, Lord, in our moments of vulnerability and pain.
- Give us shelter from the attacks of this evil world.
- Protect us from all harm, but exercise judgment and chaos upon those who work against You and Your people.
10 The LORD shall reign forever—
Your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the LORD!
- Lord, continue Your endless reign over earth and heaven.
- Lord, be our God through good and bad times.
- Watch over my grandchildren, my children, and my wife and me.
- As I see Your hand at work in my life, I cannot but praise You. My heart erupts with praise for Your mighty acts on my behalf, and in worship of Your greatness, regardless of what You do.
- I praise You, my Lord, and I cannot stop, for all You have done!
Artwork from https://thepreachersword.files.wordpress.com/2020/04/psalm-146.jpg AND https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1457/1636/products/psalm-146-5-6-s_1200x.jpg?v=1535765623