Praise to God for His Word and Providence
1 Praise the LORD!
For it is good to sing praises to our God;
For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful.
2 The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
He gathers together the outcasts of Israel.
3 He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds.
4 He counts the number of the stars;
He calls them all by name.
5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power;
His understanding is infinite.
6 The LORD lifts up the humble;
He casts the wicked down to the ground.
- I praise Your name, O LORD.
- There is nothing better than to praise You.
- The praise of our mighty God is pleasant and beautiful.
- You build the holy places in which we can worship.
- You gather up the weak and the invalid in spirit, and You make them whole.
- You heal the broken, and bind up those whose hearts ache.
- You know every intimate detail of creation, numbering every star and counting every creature. You know our names, and nothing of our lives is hidden from You.
- I call You great, O LORD, and I declare Your might to all who will hear me.
- You know all things. There is no limit to Your knowledge. Lead me in Your knowledge. Keep me in Your plan.
- Lift me up in my weakness and sorrow. Let my humility lead to Your favor. I know that I am not worthy of it, but You are the gracious Lord who grants us favor in spite of our worthiness.
- Cast those who oppose You down, and rule and reign over all evil and sin. Bind them and place them in prison.
7 Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
Sing praises on the harp to our God,
8 Who covers the heavens with clouds,
Who prepares rain for the earth,
Who makes grass to grow on the mountains.
9 He gives to the beast its food,
And to the young ravens that cry.
- I thank You with my mouth, O God. I sing to you while I play my instrument.
- You are great over the earth, commanding the clouds in the heavens, sending rain on the dry earth, and causing the vegetation to grow. Provide for us, O LORD, and do not allow us to live in lack.
- Let all that is in our hands prosper: Our flocks and herds, our money in the bank, our crops in the fields, our families and our nations.
- When we cry, please, O LORD, hear us and answer with the supply to our need.
10 He does not delight in the strength of the horse;
He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man.
11 The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him,
In those who hope in His mercy.
- Lord, I know that You do not depend on armies with horses and warriors. You do not expect us to win any battles.
- You will win our battles, and we say, “Yes, Lord!”
- Help us to simply fear You, and exercise faith in Your ability to save.
- We accept Your mercy and grace, and say, “Come, Lord Jesus!”
Artwork from https://d1csarkz8obe9u.cloudfront.net/posterpreviews/psalm-147%3A3-poster-design-template-2b95abca073b3c3fbdc5cdd612a4f980_screen.jpg?ts=1588485344