12 Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem!
Praise your God, O Zion!
13 For He has strengthened the bars of your gates;
He has blessed your children within you.
14 He makes peace in your borders,
And fills you with the finest wheat.
15 He sends out His command to the earth;
His word runs very swiftly.
16 He gives snow like wool;
He scatters the frost like ashes;
17 He casts out His hail like morsels;
Who can stand before His cold?
18 He sends out His word and melts them;
He causes His wind to blow, and the waters flow.
- Lord, help all Your people, in all Your holy places, to praise You with all their might.
- Be our Protector and Provider. Bless our homes and our progeny.
- Keep us at peace with all our neighbors.
- Provide for our every need.
- I recognize that Your power is above all. When you speak, Your word in accomplished.
- When You touch the earth, it snows and the frost forms on the ground.
- You can call down judgment on the earth in the form of hail or extreme cold.
- Then, You can speak, and the all the earth is warmed and thawed out.
- Your breath moves the trees, and Your word causes the waters to flow. You are the source of all that is good.
19 He declares His word to Jacob,
His statutes and His judgments to Israel.
20 He has not dealt thus with any nation;
And as for His judgments, they have not known them.
Praise the LORD!
- Lord, You have told us the truth, writing Your word on tablets for us to see.
- You have given Your people truth to learn and know.
- Your word is available to all, but only those who believe will be transformed by it and be saved.
- Speak to us today, Lord, and save us from our sin and iniquity. Let us not be strangers to Your word.
- Help us to hide it in our minds and hearts, so that we can live holy and in Your will, and in fellowship with You, Our precious Lord.